Using Indo-European Liturgical Language
1. Translate the following liturgical phrases into your Hearth Culture language:
- We are here to honor the Gods.
- So Be It. (or a similar finalizing statement)
- Ancestors, accept our offering!
- Nature Spirits, accept our offering!
- Gods (Deities), accept our offering!
- Sacred Well, flow within us!
- Sacred Tree, grow within us!
- Sacred Fire, burn within us!
- Let the Gates be open!
- Gods, give us the Waters!
- Behold, the Waters of Life!
- Ancestors, we thank you.
- Nature Spirits, we thank you.
- Gods (Deities), we thank you.
- Let the Gates be closed!
2. What do you consider to be the importance of using phrases in a hearth culture language other than Modern English (or your own native language) in ADF ritual?
(Minimum 200 words)
Content © 2003 - 2006, Michael J Dangler
Updated on 08/07/2006. Site Credits / Email
Basic site design from ADF.org
(Yes, I stole it!)